Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Surprise, Surprise


The following is simultaneously the most insulting/skewed (false)/complimentary (true) thing ever written about me. I can't decide which camp it belongs in though. I'm thinking compliment mostly:

"I feel like the last year and a half of our relationship consisted of me sitting on the couch listening to you talk about music."

I have no regrets. What can I say. Look at this blog. What is it mostly about? Ummmmmmm

In related news, do yourself a favor and by "The Hollywood Years 79-84" by the Rubber City Rebels. They are a really great Akron, Ohio band of the same era as Pere Ubu, Bizarros, Dead Boys, etc. Their big hit was "Child Eaters" a snazzy little song about eating babies (duh). They also cover "Paper Dolls" quite well (2 versions included). Why is everyone, past and present, so obsessed with the Nerves?

Anyways the band sounds a lot like the Vibrators, but a lot better and way less sappy. And many more guitar solos. That's how you kiss distinctly American.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you'd be a good critic. and yes, i'd find it a compliment. i'd rather be with a bf who talks about music than one who talks about.. football. or worse, someone who doesn't use their brain.