Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rads Lifes

Wine doesn't make me drunk, it just makes me light headed and then it goes away.

The first time I ever got drunk was in 8th grade. I chugged one of those big bottles of cheap red wine. I felt great for about 15 minutes and then vomited a vile black spew. Luckily, my friend's brother had a birthday that night, so when the Mom came up to see what the commotion was all about, my friend just told her I had too much cake and she went away. I can only imagine what that Mother thought as she walked away from a fresh pile of digested wine on her carpet.

I am very thankful this Thanksgiving. Having two turkeys tomorrow. One grilled, one brined? I always look on past Thanksgivings with great fondness. It's so ridiculous in so many ways, but just so great. Drinking, eating, talking, and football. They don't do things like this in Nigeria.

And gas is like $1.67!

Did you know at the 1st Thanksgiving reportedly only 4 women made the big meal for 400 people? Hardcore.

"Hanging on the Telephone" by the Nerves is one of the best songs I've ever heard in my life. Period. It's like Television and Sleater Kinney and the Beatles all rolled into one. But perfect.

I don't care for the Blondie version.

The Nerves' "anthology" "One Way Ticket" was just released by Bomp Records and includes all their recorded tracks (six from their sole release) and then a bunch of live tracks (some sounding better than others). I bought it digitally on iTunes for cheap. I also bought it from Bomp for $14 for a red colored vinyl version that's only 1 of 500. It's funny but if you YouTube "The Nerves," a recent in-studio at Waterloo or some record store in Austin will be one of the few things that pops up. The Nerves (all bald and old looking) play the seminal song, giving it their darndest.

One thing about being single: your ex-girlfriend doesn't get a single drop of the new music you buy. It's funny I was thinking today, 8 months later, we're driving around, having a great time, FRIENDS, just having so much fun, and she's like "So ummm....I meant to ask you. That music you downloaded? The Nerves? The Birthday Party? Lilliput? All that great shit? Can I like.......burn that stuff and put it on my computer?"

And I will laugh and go "NO." And glare.

Music is a very personal thing to me. Once you exit the building, there is no getting back in.

It's funny when I first started coming back to Sugar Land for holidays, I always thought I had something to prove. There were girls, and people in high school, and kids from college. It was a big grab bag of post-teenage partying and nonsense. People had sex, and shot of fireworks, and bands played. That's all long gone though, as probably since Summer 2007 it's just turned into a big health spa for me. No friends, no enemies, no partie, no lust. All it is is a nice dinner with my parents, some boring movies, a lot less booze (it's there, I just don't grab it), bike rides, tennis, and taking it easy. This used to bother me at first, but now I just enjoy it. I feel bad for kids who have to leave MSU to go back to Detroit or some crap.

Salty Texas, "Says Good Mornin'!" is coming out with a new album in Spring '09 hopefully. I have thirteen songs right now, so why not? I am trying to finish 5 more for quality purposes (only the best get it) but it should work. I am glad no one probably knows what Salty Texas is. Keep 'em guessing.

Their is nothing wrong with sucking the juice that flows off the suburbs smooth soft skin.

2 comments:

Ari said...

I am excited for STS"GM" album.

bad taste said...

oh it will cause tears, boredom, nudity, and savagery. yes!

working title is "milk from the flock."